Monday, April 21, 2014

21 April Embryo Transfer (ET)


Compare to KL Fertility, I feel that Sunfert manage their ET process more professional.
I know prior to coming, I shall not use any cosmetics or perfumes, & advised only shower with plain water, no shower gel or soup. I remembered there was two times Dr Helena from KL Fertility was on full eye make up when she did ET for me, one was with Dr Prasant & the other time, she did it on her own, half way through she asked me to release urine...thinking back, doesn't give me much confidence.

Somehow I don't know why, I have constipation, tired to push out prior to ET before 11am but it just doesn't want to come out! Ok ok, let it be, don't bother to worry too much any more.

As reminded by CT Ong, I reminded the nurse that I need the CT Ong mp3 to be recharged & rewind.

Next, the embryologist called me for counselling session.  They said they do it for all their client prior to ET. I didn't know about this, else could have asked hubby to be around instead of drop me off.


Result:
11 ovum extracted on 18 April 2014
8 fertilized with ICSI
Quality:
6 Good ( 8 -10 cells )
1 Average ( 6-7 cells)
2 Poor

She said overall the fertilization rate is good, as I have more than 90% embryo that I can use.
She said Dr Wong discussed with her, based on my previous IVF failure, Dr suggested I transfer 4 embryos.
If the event that I have more than 2 heartbeat, they will suggest fetus reduction, which is a process done at another clinic.
I wasn't sure to take up the proposal, called hubby, he said just follow advise, when stick, worry later, now most important thing is I need to get myself pregnant. Ok, make sense, no more hesitation, just follow advise.


ET on 21 April 2014
4 Embryos ( 8 cell, 8 cell, 8 cell, 7 cell )
Frozen: 3 Embroys ( 9 cell, 9 cell, 4 cell )

Hubby not allow in ET room, unlike KL Fertility.
There was a LCD screen on my right hand side, they project the embryo prior on LCD monitor and told em that these are the 4 embryos they are going to transfer.

Perhaps I was listening to the mp3 relaxation music, I feel the entire ET was superb fast & less nervous.

Done - just continue listen mp3 at rest room, cannot pass water until after an hour rest, unlike KL fertility, they let you pass water after 15 min of ET, and resting wasn't on a flat bed, but on a recliner sofa.
Rest was only about half and hour if I could remember in KL fertility.

Medication:
1. Dexamethasone 0.5mg tab ( 1 tablet, 2 times a day after food )
2. Glucophage 850mg ( 1 tablet, 2 times a day, half tablet each time after food )
3. Cardiprin 100 ( Aspirin 100mg & Glycine 45mg ) ( Half tablet a day ) - I remembered Dr Helena gave me this before after one of the ET cycle.
4. Progynova 2 mg ( 2 tablets at 8am (oral), 8am ( PV) + 2 tablets at 8pm (Oral), 8pm (PV).
5. Cyclogest 400mg  ( 1 tablet 11am (PV), 11pm (PV) )

Important when PV, need to ensure the entire index finger is deeply entered into vaginal, it is actually possible, initially I didn't insert deeply, worry about abortion.
On yes, it makes panties very difficult to wash, I used pad along the way, so need need to wash out the cyclogest/progynova or whatever vaginal discharged.

Prolution 250mg injection date ( I did it all mostly around 3-4pm)
22 April 2014
25 April 2014
28 April 2014
1 May 2014

Sunfert does it for free, & outside clinic charge me RM 20.

1 May 2014 night - saw minor brownish spotting, begin to worry.
2 May 2014 morning 1030am after breakfast, saw some extra spotting, called Sunfert, the nurse said since I had injection yesterday, the injection can last for 2 days, asked me to bed rest as much as possible, & go for blood test tomorrow.


Others:
Below is new to me, Sunfert Instruction to patient after ET, these are the fruit that I shall not take:
1. Banana
2. Papaya ( I love papaya, & have bought a few at home, too bad, all will go to hubby's stomach instead )
3. Pineapple
4. Watermelon
5. Honeydew










No comments:

Post a Comment